STILLEVEN - Alana Lake, Solo Exhibition


STILLEVEN is a culmination of almost two years work. The exhibition emphasises my playful approach to image making, incorporating intervention and jarring composition. Juxtaposition is employed as a tool for introducing a non-linear fantasy narrative; atomised fragments collide to invoke the mythology of my connection to my surroundings.

Although my photographs are an account of what I see and feel, the work also operate on a more universal level; hinting at our shared reality of dislocation, obsession, isolation, loss and desire. I have a recurring set of motifs that feature in my work; birds, hands, inversion and symmetry which symbolize freedom, death, rebellion and beauty in my personal iconography.







“Alana Lake is restless. She will not be what you want her to be. Refusing to be typecast, she does not fit into one of the half dozen or so categories which critics use to traverse
contemporary art photography. She could easily fit into several; or all of them; and more besides.” 


David Evans, 2011






+44 0845 604 8476
info@aubingallery.com
www.aubingallery.com

64 - 66 Redchurch St
Shoreditch
LONDON E2 7DP

OPENING TIMES:
11-6 Mon – Sat
11-5 Sun

About Me

A Royal Academy of Arts graduate, currently living and working in London. www.alanalake.co.uk